Stories

Deontay Wilder refusing to give up on Tyson Fury trilogy fight

Deontay Wilder is determined to fight Tyson Fury for a third time despite the world champion walking away from their trilogy bout.
Wilder activated the rematch clause in his contract shortly after he was stopped by Fury in February.

But dates of July 18 and October 3 fell by the wayside due to the coronavirus crisis with the fight pencilled in for December 19.
That was then shelved due to a clash with the NFL and college football in America.
And as a result, Fury believes he is now free to fight an alternative opponent – with his homecoming set for the Royal Albert Hall on December 5.

But Wilder is refusing to accept the world champion’s decision.
Wilder has not given up on a third fight with Fury Read More Related Articles Read More Related Articles

“Deontay and I would like to have the next fight, as planned, against Fury,” his manager Shelly Finkel told ESPN.
“We’ll fight him any date, any place.”
Assuming Fury wins his December fight, and Anthony Joshua beats Kubrat Pulev a week later, the pair will be free to clash next year.

The fight would produce the first undisputed heavyweight world champion since Lennox Lewis in 2000.
Fury’s promoter Bob Arum added: “We couldn’t get an appropriate date, until it was next year.
“Tyson said, ‘No, I want to fight in December,’ and so that’s what we arranged in England.

“We had a contract (with Wilder), but it expired.”
Fury must fight someone ranked in the top 15 by the WBC with Agit Kabayel among the contenders.
Oscar Rivas, who lost to Dillian Whyte last year, has also thrown his hat into the ring while Otto Wallin has called for a rematch having been outpointed by Fury last September.

Related posts

Mark Cavendish not selected for Team Dimension Data -Tour de France 2019

admin

Tour de France 2019: Adam Yates and Simon Yates in Mitchelton-Scott squad

admin

AFCON 2019: Ex-Nigeria international, Akanni tells Super Eagles how to score more goals

admin